'I was having this awful nightmare that I was 32. And then I woke up and I was 23. So relieved. And then I woke up for real, and I was 32.' - Celine, Before Sunset

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The North Station


Untitled, originally uploaded by audiOscience!.

Being stationed in the north has it's share of pros and cons. Let me break them down.

PROS

1. Trinoma & SM North EDSA - An MRT station away. They will be the new Shang and Megamall.
2. Tomas Morato - The new Metrowalk slash City Golf
3. MRT - Park anywhere in the other stations and head to work via train. Convenience, yes.
4. Close to UP & Ateneo. - Masterals and boarding options
5. ABS-CBN & GMA are across the street - My dream to break into the industry is a stone throw away.

CONS

1. EDSA is unavoidable - You get everything that comes with it. Busses, pollution, noise and... yes... masa juice.
2. Everybody else is somewhere south - Do you know anyone who works north of Ortigas? That's right.... me too.
3. No Chicken Wings within a 15 mile radius - Will need to travel a bit to get to a decent wing place. Bye bye Charlies & Hooters.
4. Where will our visitors stay? - Eurotel? Sogo? Well... I guess if it's that short of a visit then...
5. It is as north as north goes - Just to put things in perspective, let's say you live in Muntinlupa, Parañaque or Las Pinas. You'll probably have better luck getting to Tagaytay in 1 hour.

0 comments: