'I was having this awful nightmare that I was 32. And then I woke up and I was 23. So relieved. And then I woke up for real, and I was 32.' - Celine, Before Sunset

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Melancholia















I don't know how to say this but I think I'm clinically depressed
I have no motivation to do anything
I tire a lot
I turn to books, to games to become what I'm not

I set my alarm for 8 and delay it to 10
I wake up in the middle of the night not knowing where from when

I look to others for distraction
I lie about how I feel
I sometimes wish things were different too much that
I don't trust my eyes to see what is real

I feel there's something wrong when in fact all is fine
I don't deny that at times I wished all these false sorrow were not mine

What has happened to me? Would you know?
Is this a phase that will pass in a week or so?
I continue to this day with drugged induced sleep
For awake I'm alone and in dreams I weep

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Mark. Kaya mo yan!